Diane Greenwood |||

Epcot and coming home … already!

I was not able to post this before I left USA, so I am back in Australia, but thought I would post the last two days of writing off my computer.


So this morning started with a GIANT hiccup! We dropped Chris and Geoff at the airport — said our goodbyes. I got in the car and drove off. On the way back I stopped for a coffee and when I looked back there was a bag in the back of the car! EEEK! I quickly called Geoff’s mobile, and the bag rang — PANIC just started in my bones. I thought how am I ever going to find them especially when I have all their communication. I thought the only place they could contact me would be at the hotel we were at, so I ruched back there, hoping they would call or I could organise a courier to New Orleans (which was where they were going!). When I got to my room, I was puffed and all of a sudden I heard Chris’ voice, she had taxi’d back to the hotel as well and I through the bag at her and ran back with her to the taxi and watched her jump in and head back hoping to catch the flight. During the day I got a message to say they arrived safely and so I am just so pleased that that worked out. It could have been a lot worse! A LOT!

Anyway, that was all before 8.30am. So I spent the rest of the day at the Epcot Centre. I had a free day and so chose to do this. It was great. Probably best described in photos or looking at the website, although there was a food and wine festival on their in the Worlds section and so I had South African for lunch, Spanish for dinner and French for dessert. I skipped the Australian lamb! I can get that any time.

The entrance to Epcot with the flag and the ball

Making paper at the Innovation Centre

The Space Centre

The Seas World - with Nemo

The GM testing ride

Me in Mexico!


The Land Centre - growing all the food they use - tomato tree

Fireworks to end the night!


So today I was going to go to the Kennedy Space Centre. But it seemed that  it was going to be pushing time and so I decided just to go for a drive out there and half way out there I checked my flight and realised it had been moved earlier and so instead of going out there I found this great place that I got a massage/pedicure. Which after 4 days of walking around, my feet were blistered and my heels ached, and heading for a long flight I just sat back and relaxed. I didn’t want to be in a rush. Instead I stopped at the Kennedy Space Visitors Centre, which is not as far out and just got some pressies for my dad.

I am now at the airport, waiting for my flight — cause in all true SKILTON fashion it is now delayed. I hope I make all my connections and that I get home soon. I really would like to see my husband and my dog!

Up next Conference - Both Days Monday Today I spent most of the day the at the conference. There was not much time to do anything else. It started at 8am with an education Remembrance Day In Australia, at 11.00am today, it is customary to remember Australia’s dead and injured, and perhaps all, that have resulted
Latest posts 30 minute meal time World Environment Day Green Faith at wineNjesus One a Penny, Two a Penny, Hot Cross Buns 'Tis the Season for Beets What Worked for Us Out of the 3 month blur ... The truth .... Eve Shiko Greenwood Weedicides It has been way too long ... The Corporation Apple Pollination Robin Hood Tax Plots and Square Metre Planting Permaculture Weekend Away Ethical Dog Treats? Relax, Retreat and Restore Soy Crayons and loads more Look... a stork! Canberra - National Gallery - Masterpieces MIA in the Daily Telegraph reduce ... reuse ... recylce ... MI21 Caboose + Coffee SLF Is Chapati the same when you are not in Africa? 7 Days of Table Mountain Finally in Cape Town PDC Finale, Lake Mburo and Leslie's Paradise (Kigungu Village) PDC Course