While we were away with some friends we watched this movie and there were some questions that I was researching and I found the ‘official website’ and it had some discussion questions that I thought got me thinking well. So I thought I would share. Enjoy!
1. In what context can this film have the maximum impact?
2. In a poll on our website, a majority of people suggest that the film convinces
them that corporate charters need to be revoked and the system rebuilt. Is
3. Can capitalism and democracy co-exist?
4. In the film, the town of Arcata, CA (pop. 15,000) holds a forum on corporate
influence in their community, and they vote to keep all new chain restaurants
out. Can this happen in a major city?
5. The film depicts advertising companies focusing on efficient ways to
manipulate children into nagging their parents into buying their products, in a
study called “the nag factor”. How can parents shield their children from this
Helen: Hiya, I actually wanted to borrow that, given that I was in and out of the room all night trying to get Georgie to settle….
Hope you are well,
Love Helen xoxo