that stands for Sustainable Living Festival. Which was grand!
I have not posted for a while, but I thought I would start with some links and inspiration from the festival last weekend.
Let’s start with the one that I have used every day since the festival - Shop Ethical (iPhone Ap) - which is basically the book as an application that links live to research and background data for the reason that it is either non-ethical or boycotted. Very good for that supermarke trip if you have to!
Other really good finds of the day were:
- Social Studio - a non-profit, design and studio based clothing brand from a skilled young refugee community
- Lopees - an environmental Reusable Envelope for business’
- Rad-Pads - cloth menstrual pads (Great, great, great - I may seem too excited about these, but I have been looking for them for a while)
- The Sharehood - neighbourhood sharing resources
- Friends of the Earth - lots and lots of links and resources, political stance and great connections
- Send me Seeds Pip - a seasonal seed subscription - WHAT A GREAT IDEA FOR A GIFT!
- Australian Ethical - Investment and Superannuation
Obviously this was not everything, but these were a few stand outs of the many that were there. You should come next year!
Also, my apples seem to be very ripe early this year - in fact there are none left on my tree, which is rather dissapointing. There could be a few other reasons - because Stanley was helping me eat them, the lorikeets were beautifully hanging and eating them (I couldn’t shew them away!) and we have also found a little mouse/rat thing (that we have named ‘ratatouille’ poking around). Stanley has now become a little obsessive complusive and sits and waits for ‘ratatouille’ each night at the tree - I think that he wanted all the apples.
Apples from the garden
Stanley helping me harvest the apples
Stanley still can’t believe that I am home!
Kim: Mmmmm … apples!
Check ot www.lunapads.com - they’ve got great cloth pads that I LOVE! I would also highly recommend a DivaCup - reusable menstrual cup. Best. Invention. Ever. Seriously.